V INTERNATIONAL MUSIC AND DANCE FESTIVAL “FRIENDS IN MOSCOW”
V МЕЖДУНАРОДНЫЙ ФЕСТИВАЛЬ МУЗЫКИ И ТАНЦА "ДРУЗЬЯ В МОСКВЕ"
Location: Moscow, Russia
Organizer: "Northern Rainbow" Culture Development Foundation of the Peoples of Siberia and the Far East
Partner: The European Association of Folklore Festivals (EAFF); Board and local branch of the United Russia Party of
Lianozovo district, Moscow; Lianozovo Culture and Recreation Park; Charity Foundation “Ruspomosh”
Despite the difficult times for the whole world caused by covid, we want to keep our traditions and gather all our folk friends to
show a diverse and rich culture of different countries and peoples. We would like to invite you to participate in the online edition of
IV International Festival of Music and Dance “Friends in Moscow” to be held during August 6-9, 2020.
The gala concert of the festival will take place on our youtube channel.
Grand Prix holders and 1st degree laureates will be invited to the “FOLK-STAR” International Award to be held in St. Petersburg during
December 3-6, 2021.
• The V International Festival of Music and Dance “Friends in Moscow” (hereinafter referred to as the “Festival”) is held to promote folk art and present the cultural traditions of different countries and peoples. The idea of the festival is the development of public diplomacy and the establishment of friendship and peace on earth through music and dance.
• The festival promotes intercultural dialogue and aims to develop and strengthen friendly cultural relations between the performers of different countries.
• We invite children, youth and adult dance groups, choral groups, vocal ensembles, instrumental groups, as well as performers of other art directions to participate in the festival.
• Age of participants from 5 years and older.
Participants pay target participation fee (donation):
• Soloists – 15 euro
• Duets, trios - 25 euro
• Groups (more than 4 people) - 60 euro per group
• International diploma without the word “online” certified by a seal and signature of the Organizing Committee
• Personalized review of the performance by the jury member
• A letter of thanks to the teacher or group leader
• Festival organizational fee
• Preparation of video/photo materials for the Jury
• Media coverage of the event
• All diplomas are sent via e-mail in pdf file
How to pay:
• Target participation fee is paid within 3 banking days after the confirmation of the application. If the invoice is not paid within this period, the application shall be considered canceled.
• In case of target participation fee is paid by the organization (legal entity) please provide the bank details of the organization (legal entity).
• In case of refusal to participate in the festival, the target fee is not refundable.
I. 5-7 years
II. 7-10 years old
III. 11-13 years
IV. 14-18 years old
V. 19-25 years old
VI. 26 years and older
In each age group, participation of performers of a different age is allowed, but not more than 30% of the total number of speakers.
I. Choreography (folk dance, classical dance, modern dance, pop dance, ballroom dance, hip-hop, dance mix, children's dance, dance show)
II. Vocals (folk, pop, academic, world hit).
III. Choirs and vocal ensembles
IV. Instrumental creativity (folk instruments)
V. Theatrical creativity (miniature, excerpt from the play, musical, theatrical performances and ceremonies, artistic reading, entertainer, puppet theater, musical theater)
VI. Fashion theaters (fashion theaters, schools and fashion studios, costume studios, art houses and other creative associations showing fashion models of all styles and trends. Ethnographic, stage and historical costumes are most welcome)
• Participation in the festival-competition means the participation in one nomination, one age category, one group category.
• The competitive program includes the performance of 1 (one) work up to 5 minutes.
• In the nomination "Instrumental creativity" for soloists and small forms, the presentation of two works is allowed up to 5 minutes total.
• In the nomination “Theater creativity” and “instrumental creativity” (ensembles and orchestras) it is possible to present one work up to 10 minutes.
• In the nomination "Fashion Theaters" the duration of the show should be no more than 8 minutes.
• In the nomination “Choirs and Vocal Ensembles”, choral groups present 2 diverse songs up to 10 minutes total, one of which should be performed “a-capella”.
• In the nomination “Vocal” it is not allowed to use of a phonogram minus with prerecored back-vocals. It is strictly forbidden to use the phonogram of karaoke.
• Both amateur and professional videos can participate.
• The shooting might be carried out on stage or home premises, as well as video from another competition or concert is allowed.
• Videos must be recorded without editing and any effects.
• The participant must be in stage clothes. The faces, hands, feet of all participants in the video should be clearly visible.
• Sound reproduction - high-quality, all the nuances of the performance should be clearly audible.
• By sending a link to the video, the participant automatically confirms his/her consent to the use of the material by third parties (organizers, jury members, other participants of the competition), as well as to post the video on the organizer’s website. The participant is responsible for complying with copyright laws and correctness of the materials provided.
• Filing an application means acceptance of this Regulation.
• The file name must be made in the following form: City - Team - Number name. For example: Tula - Varvaryata - Russian dance.
• To assess competitive performances, a qualified jury composed of cultural and art experts,
representatives of creative and public organizations are created.
• The list of jury members is not disclosed prior to the start of the festival.
• Chairman of the jury is entitled to 2 votes in the event of a dispute.
• The jury does not take into account the age, material standing, social class, nationality and
place of residence of the contestants - only creativity on absolutely equal terms in accordance with this Regulation.
• The jury may decide to cancel the competition on one of the nominations specified in this
Regulation or to join the age categories, due to the insufficient number of applications filed.
• The jury's decision is final and non-negotiable
· • Technique
• Artistic impression (image, disclosure of the content, emotions, artistry)
• Presentation (costume, props, stage direction, selection of repertoire, stage design)
• Difficulty of the performance and matching the repertoire with age
• In each nomination and age category, the titles of laureates of I, II, III degrees and diplomas of I, II, III degrees are assigned.
• Laureates and diplomats are awarded with diplomas.
• In each nomination, the laureate of the first degree, who won the most votes, is awarded the Grand Prix.
• Grand Prix holders and laureates of the 1st degree might be awarded by a personalized invitation to participate in the super final of the year “FOLKSTAR-2021 International Prize” for preferential terms.
• The number of laureates and diploma winners is not limited, since there is a qualification system for evaluating contestants, and not their comparison with each other.
• Team leaders and educators receive formal letters of appreciation.
• At the discretion of the jury, the best groups and soloists have the opportunity to further advance, are invited to participate in cultural events in Moscow and St. Petersburg, receive certificates for participation in Russian and foreign festivals and competitions on a free or preferential basis.
• Based on the results of the competition, the following Special Prizes are awarded:
The best choir groups
The best instrumentalist
The best group leader
The best choreography
The best artistry
The best folk costume
Contribution to the preservation of folk traditions
• The jury reserves the right to not award prizes and change the number of prizes.
• Diplomas will be sent by e-mail within 7 days after the end of the festival.
How to take part in the festival?
1) Mail an Application to e-mail: email@example.com
2) Receive a confirmation from organizers indicating the amount of the target contribution for participation in the festival and the payment details
3) Pay the target contribution and send a copy (photo) of the payment receipt to firstname.lastname@example.org
4) Send the link to your video on youtube or the video of the performance to e-mail: email@example.com
5) Deadline for Applications is July 15, 2021